27.4.11

Sweet Charity

One of my favourite reasons for going home for the Easter holidays (you should all know by now that I'm a third year Fashion Journalism student, tsk tsk!), is the amazing line up of charity shops in my hometown Wokingham. There's 5 in the town centre consisting of Oxfam, Hospice Car, Sue Ryder and 2 that I forget the name of now! But the truth of the matter is that I am obsessed with hunting for clothes; I honestly get as much thrill out of vintage shopping in London as I do charity shopping in Wokingham or my term-time home of Southampton. I love it because aside from the fact that your money isnt just being added to the pile as with retail giants like H&M or Topshop, it's mostly because you just don't know what you'll find in store. High street chains are predictable and trend-driven most of the time, (although, don't get me wrong, I love a good find in Zara or Toppers) but with charity and vintage shops the stock is usually in constant rotation so there's always something new to be discovered! So without further ado, here's a few of my finds from the Easter hols, taken in my parents beautiful back garden;


Vibrant orange oversized jumper, not sure what I'm doing with it yet but inspiration will
strike soon and I'll be glad to have it!
 
Cream ribbed jumper; you can't see very well in this picture but this jumper is the
perfect snug fit ribbed cream jumper!

Cream ribbed knit jumper; yes this looks similar to the one above but it isnt!
This is a bigger fit and has more knitted design on the front

Grey wool blazer; this is an oversized blazer that I plan to tailor abit so its more fitted and
will become my new all purpose coat as my old Zara one is on its last legs!

Shanghai Tang navy silk trousers; these trousers were an amazing find
at only £5 and are a perfect slim fit and length


The whole gang; here's everthing I bought with the addition of the amazing pillow that I snagged for only £3!

All my own pictures; please credit if you'd like to use any of them (not that anyone would but hey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment